Abyss Web Server
Compact, easy to use and feature-rich
Abyss Web Server is a compact web server available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems.
Despite its small footprint, it supports HTTP/1.1, secure SSL/TLS connections (HTTPS), IPv6, on-the-fly HTTP compression, dynamic content generation through CGI/FastCGI scripts, ISAPI extensions, native ASP.NET, reverse proxying, eXtended Side Includes (XSSI), custom error pages, password protection, IP address control, anti-leeching, bandwidth throttling, and log rotation.
It also features an automatic antihacking system as well as a multilingual remote web management interface that makes its configuration as easy as browsing a web site.
Major features All the Features
- Native support for 64-bit platforms
- Virtual hosting (support for many hosts on a single computer)
- Secure SSL/TLS connections (HTTPS), Dual hosts (HTTP+HTTPS), and a comprehensible SSL certificates management interface
- On-the-fly HTTP compression
- Native ASP.NET support
- Support for PHP, Perl, Python, "Classic" ASP, and almost any Web scripting language including the ability to run database (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access, etc...) backed Web applications
- Support for Web application engines such as Tomcat and Jetty
- Support for the Ruby on Rails framework
- CGI, FastCGI, and ISAPI extensions support
- Custom directory listings
- URL Rewriting engine
- Reverse proxy support
- Multilingual remote web configuration interface (console)
- Unicode and IDN (International Domain Names) support
- Automatic anti-hacking system and an anti-leeching system to control cross-site linking
- Server-wide, per file, and per directory bandwidth control
- Log rotation and custom logging formats
- X-Sendfile support and restricted/token-based downloads
- IPv6 support
- Windows System Service, MacOS X Startup Item, and Linux daemon support (Automatic startup when the computer boots up)
Supported operating systems
All editions (32-bit and 64-bit) of Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP
All editions (32-bit and 64-bit) of Windows Server 2012, 2008, Home Server, and 2003
Windows 2000, NT 4.0, ME, 98, and 95
|Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.3 (Panther), and 10.2 (Jaguar) on PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh computers|
|Linux for Intel x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) : any modern distribution - needs GLIBC 2.4 or later - Kernel 2.4 or later|
Available in two editions
Depending on your use and your needs, you may choose one of the two available editions (what's the difference?):
- Abyss Web Server X1 Free Download
- Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 Buy Now
- Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of update protection (includes free access to new versions and priority technical support).
- Abyss Web Server X1 vs. Abyss Web Server X2
- View the features summary and learn about the differences between the personal and the professional edition.
- Overview of Abyss Web Server capabilities
- Find out about the major features of Abyss Web Server.
- Abyss Web Server users & customers
- Abyss Web Server X1 is used worldwide and X2 customers are from more than 50 countries.
- Abyss Web Server in the media
- Some of the books, reviews, and publications featuring Abyss Web Server.
- Getting Started
- 5 minutes is all you need to read this tutorial and start using Abyss Web Server.
- Press Information
- Official information about the software for journalists and editors.
- Support Abyss Web Server!
- Useful recommendations for Abyss Web Server fans.