When trying to set up console, it returns Error 401

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lee_chiang_fong
-

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: When trying to set up console, it returns Error 401 Reply with quote

Whenever I type http://127.0.0.1:9999/ , the Abyss Web Server returns a Error 401 everytime so I can't even get to the page where you set-up your admin log-in.

Please help.
Thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: When trying to set up console, it returns Error 401 Reply with quote

lee_chiang_fong wrote:
Whenever I type http://127.0.0.1:9999/ , the Abyss Web Server returns a Error 401 everytime so I can't even get to the page where you set-up your admin log-in.

Please help.
Thanks

Try flushing your browser cache.
Also, if you are using a proxy/firewall for all IP addresses, you should tell your browser to not use the proxy for 127.0.0.1.
If you're using Internet Explorer, go to menu Tools > Internet Options >
Connections > LAN Settings and check the checkbox "Bypass proxy server for local addresses".
If you're using another browser, go to the proxy parameters of this browser
and tell him to not use the proxy for address 127.0.0.1 .
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What curiousity and can not resist. Aprelium, how do you know the broswer is a "him"? Heehehe....
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CapFusion wrote:
Quote:

What curiousity and can not resist. Aprelium, how do you know the broswer is a "him"? Heehehe....

:D It is just a typing mistake. Browser are not humains :D
lee_chiang_fong
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Still can't resolve problem..... Reply with quote

Sorry to trouble all, but after following the instructions posted by aprelium, I still can't resolve this serious problem. I like Abyss web server very much and would be reluctant to part with it before I have even tried it..........
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Still can't resolve problem..... Reply with quote

lee_chiang_fong wrote:
Sorry to trouble all, but after following the instructions posted by aprelium, I still can't resolve this serious problem. I like Abyss web server very much and would be reluctant to part with it before I have even tried it..........

I do not know if you have a Proxy Server or Proxy setup but I am try to simulate or atleast get 401 error by trying to open up the console but fail to get it.
What I have done:
With my Proxy Server or Proxy software from a box and use Proxy setting from the IE, I can not simulate 401 error either from the IE or from Abyss.

Try this if possible:
Use a PC either a spare or not having any special utility like Anti-Virus / Disk Maintence or turne-up / Security (like norton Internet Security) / Spam blocker or similar on it. Just have a plain PC without anything except of the O.S. Then install Abyss and try using right click on the Abyss icon from systemtray near the clock and select console. It should launch. But if not, I then I would try a drastic measure but redo Windows from scratch. Install Abyss first and see what happen from there [It a last option].

If I assume correctly, it maybe due to an utilities that may cause your problem.
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Still can't resolve problem..... Reply with quote

[quote="CapFusion"][quote="lee_chiang_fong"]Sorry to trouble all, but after following the instructions posted by aprelium, I still can't resolve this serious problem. I like Abyss web server very much and would be reluctant to part with it before I have even tried it..........[/quote]
I do not know if you have a Proxy Server or Proxy setup but I am try to simulate or atleast get 401 error by trying to open up the console but fail to get it.
What I have done:
With my Proxy Server or Proxy software from a box and use Proxy setting from the IE, I can not simulate 401 error either from the IE or from Abyss.

Try this if possible:
Use a PC either a spare or not having any special utility like Anti-Virus / Disk Maintence or turne-up / Security (like norton Internet Security) / Spam blocker or similar on it. Just have a plain PC without anything except of the O.S. Then install Abyss and try using right click on the Abyss icon from systemtray near the clock and select console. It should launch. But if not, I then I would try a drastic measure but redo Windows from scratch. Install Abyss first and see what happen from there [It a last option].

If I assume correctly, it maybe due to an utilities that may cause your problem.[/quote]
I do not have a proxy setup and my internet connection is a Cable Modem connection which does not need a proxy. I don't have any spare pcs and I can't redo Windows from scratch.
By the way, I'm using Windows Millenium Edition (ME).

I guess I can't use Abyss anymore.................. :cry:

Anyway thanks Capfusion & Aprelium for helping me out. :D
DarkSim905
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you try your own IP? That works as well. Did you ?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
lee_chiang_fong
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. :oops:
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to your original post regarding about not able to accessing Abyss console from Windows ME platform. Can you try install Abyss to anothr PC or from a friend and see if it will work from there? From my experience using WinME, it is not too good. Windows ME will work fine for some people but not for other. And for those that original work fine but soon will notice something wrong eventhough nothing was install, add or remove. Then again, a remaining few have no problem at all. There no pattern I can see or can dupliate the problem. Sometime reinstall will fix the problem too.

Anyway, if your Abyss PC is connecting directly to the Cable Modem, try finding out what the public IP you currently using and try asking your friend to connect at that moment and see if they can see your page.
Use this link from Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com/ip/ to see what the public IP you are using.
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unplug you cable modem for a while and try accessing the console using http://127.0.0.1:9999. What do you get?
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
Unplug you cable modem for a while and try accessing the console using http://127.0.0.1:9999. What do you get?

Make sure the console is set to Port 9999 first before you enter your URL from your browser.
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys for all the trouble you took to answer my question, but I just found out why that error happened: under Tools>Internet Options>Security>internet>Custom Level>user auth>Logon, the setting was 'automatic logon with current username and password'. I changed it to 'Prompt for username and password and everything worked fine. Awfully sorry. :oops:

Well, this topic can be closed now and thanks Capfusion, aprelium, Darksim905 for your precious time.
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee_chiang_fong wrote:
Sorry guys for all the trouble you took to answer my question, but I just found out why that error happened: under Tools>Internet Options>Security>internet>Custom Level>user auth>Logon, the setting was 'automatic logon with current username and password'. I changed it to 'Prompt for username and password and everything worked fine. Awfully sorry. :oops:

Well, this topic can be closed now and thanks Capfusion, aprelium, Darksim905 for your precious time.

No problem, just as long you fix your problem. The time waste is worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: