Abyss Web Server version 2.3.2 just released
May 31, 2006
Aprelium Technologies is proud to announce the availability of new updates for both editions of Abyss Web Server:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 2.3.2: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 2.3.2: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
The new releases include the following new features:
- FastCGI support can now use the named pipes mode (a.k.a. UNIX sockets on Mac OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD) in addition to the TCP/IP sockets mode which was available since version 2.3.0.
- Custom HTTP headers
- Updated documentation
These releases also include several minor internal enhancements and fix the issues that have been reported about the previous version:
- FastCGI with named pipes fixes the FastCGI compatibility problem reported with PHP 5.1.3 and later. For more information, check our new Preconfigured PHP 5 package for Windows and the updated instructions for adding PHP support.
- FastCGI with named pipes makes both FastCGI and ASP.NET support easier on systems with very constraining firewalls which may block the use of FastCGI with the TCP/IP sockets mode.
- The amount of virtual memory reserved for Abyss Web Server's use on Mac OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD has been reduced.
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates. Alternatively, browse your Customer Zone to download the new version.
Aprelium Technologies thanks all the users' community of Abyss Web Server for their suggestions and continuous support and especially (alphabetical order):