Abyss Web Server version 2.3 is out!
March 21, 2006
Aprelium Technologies is pleased to announce the immediate availability of new releases for both editions of Abyss Web Server:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 2.3: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 2.3: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with at least 1 year of update protection (includes access to new updates at no additional cost and priority technical support).
Version 2.3 adds the following new major features:
- FastCGI support
- Native ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0 support (on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003)
The new version includes also the following enhancements:
- Support for very long paths (up to 32000 characters) on Windows.
- Large files support on Linux: Files > 2 GB are now accessible and correctly handled. Note that on Windows, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD, support for large files has been available since version 2.0.
- Correct handling of accentuated characters (à, è, é, õ, ...) in user names and passwords.
- Improved console style sheet and better cross-browser compatibility.
- Updated documentation
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates.
Aprelium Technologies thanks all the users' community of Abyss Web Server and all the Beta testers of the new version for their time and invaluable feedback.
Our special thanks go to (alphabetical order):