ColdFusion support? Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: ColdFusion support? Help! Reply with quote

Okay, well... Here goes...

I have Abyss Web Server installed and running correctly, but I would like to somehow add a directive that tells it to connect to my ColdFusion MX server when it encounters pages with a .cfm file extension.

I've tried adding "C:\CFusionMX\runtime\bin\jrunsvc.exe" as the interpretor in the CGI configurations, but the pages display only as HTML -- the CFML code is stripped completely. The end result is forms that display without input fields. Now we all know this isn't the desired result. :?

I can use the forms just fine on http://localhost:8500/ or whatever, but I'm having no end of difficulty in publishing them to the Web.

Is there any way to tell Abyss to look to the actual ColdFusion server to process this stuff??
Omar G

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CFMX cannot run as a CGI process. Only CF5 and before can do that, in the format:
{path}/cfml.exe?template=default.cfm&param1=x&param2=23. For CFMX, Abyss would have to be able to run servlets (in effect, become a servlet container). I don't think this is within Abyss's agenda, nor need it be.
pata

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: instructions please Reply with quote

Could someone PLEASE post instructions on how to get coldfusion 5 to work with Abyss. I'm reading it can be done, but how? I've configured cgi interpreter to point to cfusion\bin\cfserver.exe (or cfml.exe) and in the former I get just the tags, in the latter I get a page not found error whenever accessing a template.

Please help with explicit instructions.

Thank you :evil:
Omar G

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* take CFML.EXE from "C:\CFusion\BIN"

* copy it to "C:\AbyssWebServer\cgi-bin"

* enter Abyss' Web Console: > Home > Server Configuration > Advanced > CGI Parameters
- make sure CGI Paths is: "/cgi-bin"

* make a mapping in the Cold Fusion Administrator to the folder where your coldfusion templates are. This is the key step.

- What if I cannot access the Cold Fusion administrator, since I can't get cfml pages to come up in the first place? A: Run Regedit if you are using Windows and look for the key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Allaire\ColdFusion\CurrentVersion\Templates"

- create a new entry: name = /myMappingName/ , type = "REG_SZ", data = C:\Full path to your cfml templates directory with no ending slash

* Your URL should now be: "http://www.xyz.com/cgi-bin/cfml.exe?template=myColdfusionMapping/myFile.cfm?paramA=1&paramB=2"
ayse
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this is not working for me! I am getting the following error message eventhough I have specified the root directory. Would you be able give me more details on how to configure abbys server for coldfusion applications.

thanks in advance

A

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information
Root template directory has not been specified.

The logical path you have specified (localsite/index.cfm?paramA=1) could not be resolved to an actual filename because you have not specified a root template directory. To specify a root template directory use the Administrator application to map the root path (represented by '/') to a physical directory on your disk.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to bring a topic back from the dead... :o

Anyway, are you using CF5 or CFMX (or even CFMX2004). Because it said it was only compatible with CF5. Now days, you can't really get CF5 anymore.

But to answer your question, what root directory have you specified?
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayse,

your path to the template could begin with slash, try it:

www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/cfml.exe?tempate=/localsite/index.cfm?paramA=1

Also, make good and sure you actually created a Coldfusion mapping named /localsite/ and that it points to a real directory (should be the full path from the root of the machine), because the error message indicates that the problem lies in the mapping.

iNaNimAtE, CF5 could be gotten on Ebay, some people even still have CF4.5 express for download, or in the CD of "Coldfusion for Dummies".
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: