My page doesn't load for other people

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinrox
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: My page doesn't load for other people Reply with quote

My page loads fine for me, and I use no-ip.com to assign a name to my ip address.

The url for my site is: http://kevinrox.zapto.org. Now, this loads fine on my computer, but my friends say it doesn't load for them. I've typed in the right IP address, I've checked a million times. I've also checked to make sure my firewall (ZoneAlarm Pro) is off, and the server is running without any problems.

I just can't understand why it won't load for my friends.

I wanted to host my own page on my computer because I have a .com that's remotely hosted by freewebs.com, and they suck. So i wanted to host pages on my computer with CGI and stuff. MY remotely hosted site is Kevinrox.com.

I want kevinrox.zapto.org to point to my locally hosted site, which is very similar to KEVINROX.com, my remote one. If you can make sense of this, please help me out!

AIM: KEVINROX
HOTMAIL:NICELYNICELY6@hotmail.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Axis
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin--

Do you have the DUC 20.exe from no-ip.com? Have you checked to see if your IP address is dynamic and changing? If you find your IP address is changing the DUC.exe will help you keep your no-ip.com address answering.

Good luck. I am doing a bit of the same thing with my pc computer running certain scripts for my hosted site.

Axis
kevinrox
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my ip almost never changes, not enough to warrent downloading their little client do hickey. I know my ip address is correct on their site cause I test my site at :idea: http://kevinrox.zapto.org | or | :idea: http://kevinrox1.zapto.org and it works for me, but not for anyone else. I'm not sure why this is, and I really want this to just work. :x
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running a personal firewall / Windows XP ?
Does your ISP allow servers ?
Are you sure you have port forwarding set up properly if you need it ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: