my IP address keep changing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baiju
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: my IP address keep changing Reply with quote

:roll:
hi thanks in advance
.i am connected to the internet by DSL. my IP address keep changing. how can i point my web address to point to my IP permanantly?

thax again guys
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
mcwilliams132
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are some free DNS services out there (or even free software) that will monitor your address and update to reflect your current IP.

Sorry I don't have links or names but I know I've seen them.

Maybe others have more specifics...

JP
:: "Lobster sticks to magnet!"
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
yalrighty
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use no-ip.com and run their update software on my gateway.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ianwattb
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in your connection settings there is a option which to do with your ip address from wot i can rem at the minute i beleive there may b two one is to let ur server set your ip address and the other is to specific choice ur ip address i fink theres somefing in there that will help u with your problem
Socrates77_1
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure how you are connected. But I go through a Linksys as my firewall I had to tell the router to make my IP public. Also I think if you shut down your router each time your computer is asigned a new IP once it is started up again.
Achmed
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you shut down your computer it is assigned a new ip by the router, DSL in my experience is usually static so it would be your router (just a guess) i think if you get into the router config and set your dhcp to 0 it will only set an ip when the comp is shut down or reset or if the router is shutdown or reset.
If not then you can use no-ip.com or even cjb.net with cjb.netter and they will pick up your ip addy when it changes and forward it on to the server and it wil update their info. This work real well but then you have to run the app as well as the server which will use your resources.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Karasu Kami
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: o.o Reply with quote

ianwattb wrote:
in your connection settings there is a option which to do with your ip address from wot i can rem at the minute i beleive there may b two one is to let ur server set your ip address and the other is to specific choice ur ip address i fink theres somefing in there that will help u with your problem

it was hell reading this, PLEASE type with proper grammar, spelling, etc. Or others will get pissed ^^;;
http://quartermoon.info
http://loc.paeon-hosting.com
http://genjipoetry.paeon-hosting.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rwhisler
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have set this up it works great on a linksys you need to go into your advanced settings on the router setup (at least in mine) then set port forwarding so that port 80 on the router forwards to port 80 on your local IP (ie 192.168.1.102 or something like that) then use the no-ip dynamic ip software (it is free and great) and you can get a subdomain with them (ie me.no-ip.com)

That should be it you would do the same thing for any port you want to open say FTP, PCAnywhere… stuff like that.

Hope this helps :mrgreen:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: