How can dreamweaver connect?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pagekeeper
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:48 am    Post subject: How can dreamweaver connect? Reply with quote

To save time i wanted to be able to connect through dreamweaver to update files instantly ie upload files like it was ftp without password etc to my htdocs/"site" directory -

How do i set this up in steps? :?
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How can dreamweaver connect? Reply with quote

pagekeeper wrote:
To save time i wanted to be able to connect through dreamweaver to update files instantly ie upload files like it was ftp without password etc to my htdocs/"site" directory -

Install an FTP server on the machine where Abyss Web Server is running. Map a folder of the FTP server to htdocs and then configure Dreamweaver to use that FTP server and that folder for uploads.
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How can dreamweaver connect? Reply with quote

pagekeeper wrote:

Use builtin FTP by mapping [Local]. If both box use the same Username / PW, it should not ask for credential. But if you are talking about by remotely, then you will have to have set Username / PW in your built-in FTP. And map that director / folder.
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now im confused ! so to say this again im dum n young i have a lot to learn! So i install a FTP on my system? Any recommendations on which software? How do you make map?

:D
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pagekeeper wrote:
Ok, now im confused ! so to say this again im dum n young i have a lot to learn! So i install a FTP on my system? Any recommendations on which software? How do you make map?

Ok, forget about external FTP or manually upload your FTP by third party software.

Since Dreamweave is not my favorite HTML editor, I seldomly use it unless force to. But I do know I was foolin' around with it built-in FTP before. The way I found what was by the self-help. Very extensive help. All the question you may have ARE in there. Since somehow you did not find it. Please check this following.

http://www.aas.duke.edu/comp/mac/dreamweaver/dw4tunnel.html
http://www.colorado.edu/its/docs/authenticate/windreamweaver.html
http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/web/tutor/dream/dw_ftp.html
http://www.cgi-interactive.co.uk/backup_dreamweaver_ftp_settings.html
http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/documents/aol_ftp.htm
http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/documents/dw_ftp.htm

Does this link above answer your question?
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pagekeeper wrote:

If you still can not figure out the builtin FTP of Dreamweaver, you can try installing a FTP server like Serv-U FTP and use a client FTP like leech FTP to upload.
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say but now you've conufused me 10 times over now!

Your giving me all this info just to connect to my own computer?

Geeze all i want to do is connect to the htdocs\*site* directory.

I'm very familar with dreamweaver i use MX but i have no idea what your on about! so I have to run a FTP server to connect in a circle back to my own computer??? is dw meant to be able to run its self without ftp software or do i have to download it first, as i cant seem to understand how to configure e.g user, password, ftp etc?

:cry: - Im fustrated now
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just do I know for sure, you edit the pages on the same computer that abyss is serving pages from, right? If so, I also use DWMX, so you do not need to do anything except to set up the site by going to the tab: sites -> edit and follow the wizards and menus and all your local files will appear in that same sites tab.

- Omar G
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pagekeeper wrote:
Sorry to say but now you've conufused me 10 times over now!

Your giving me all this info just to connect to my own computer?

Geeze all i want to do is connect to the htdocs\*site* directory.

I'm very familar with dreamweaver i use MX but i have no idea what your on about! so I have to run a FTP server to connect in a circle back to my own computer??? is dw meant to be able to run its self without ftp software or do i have to download it first, as i cant seem to understand how to configure e.g user, password, ftp etc?

:cry: - Im fustrated now

Have you check those link regarding Dreamweaver FTP?
http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/documents/dw_ftp.htm
It have specific instruction on how you configure / setup your DW to upload to your hosting site (asuming it is from remotely).
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar G wrote:
OK, just do I know for sure, you edit the pages on the same computer that abyss is serving pages from, right? If so, I also use DWMX, so you do not need to do anything except to set up the site by going to the tab: sites -> edit and follow the wizards and menus and all your local files will appear in that same sites tab.

- Omar G

pagekeeper ,
If it is within the same or on the same PC then this is the one of the way. And if it in your LAN, and want the say same method, you can save to any folder of your result HTML and copy that result to your HTDOCS. Or if you want the FTP way as mention earlier, then follow the link of DW tech help regarding FTP.

BTW, which part are you confusing with? Is it the link or the instruction of the DW tech guide and or pic of DW tech? It show the same steps as Omar G just indicated in his post.
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar G wrote:

- Omar G

Yes this is my exact problem, i use DWMX too - and i have sorted it out now thanks ppl for your support! :roll:
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes this is my exact problem, i use DWMX too - and i have sorted it out now thanks ppl for your support!

Good to hear you have resolve that problem. Now you can enjoy the benetfit of having a webserver.
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, yeh the joys of life ay?! :lol:
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pagekeeper wrote:
lol, yeh the joys of life ay?! :lol:

Very amazing. Ehh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: