ASP not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krigans
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: ASP not working Reply with quote

Hi,
i downloaded ahtml.exe from sellisoft.com, when i doubleclicked it it gave me program too big to fit in memory (windows 2000 server), my php works fine, I followed the steps given for configuring asp, still not working.

Please guide me some tips

Wrgds
Ganesh.K
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much RAM do you have and how much is free before you try installing? Try emptying your tmp folders... The error you are experiencing is more geared towards AHTML, you might wish to check their support too.

Good luck :)
krigans
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks vbgunz,
But it worked out the download which i did was showing me dos icon so i redownloaded it and got proper windows icon (may be while downloading some problem occurred).

Well now it's working fine :lol:

Is it possible in Abyss to have two different site's mean
ip:8080, ip:1080, ip:4080. mean i will able to access with different ports

!!! Thanks a lot !!! :lol:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am concerned I believe you cannot currently do that. Abyss requires only one copy running at any given moment. Sorry but maybe suggesting what you ask might get you some attention. Good luck :)
krigans
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so u got me wrong. There will be one copy of abys running but i will change the port numbers
for eg:- in IIS i can have multiple port number (virtual address to be specific)
172.16.6.87:8080 [my directory will be D:\asp]
172.16.6.87:1080 [my directory will be D:\php]
172.16.6.87:4080 [my directory will be D:\perl]

This is possible in IIS ,
In Apache can do this with
Listen Port 8080
<VirtualHost 172.16.6.87:8080>
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 172.16.6.87:4080>
</VirtualHost>
etc..
I hope this is quite explantory.
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand but Abyss does not currently support the feature you're requesting. Its growing quite fast so it should make its appearence soon. As of the moment it cannot run more than one copy and cannot map to more than one port.

If you discover a trick though let us know :)

PS. You might be able to run more than one copy but not the same copy... You might need as many installations as you need ports... untested :|
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: