maximum length of strings ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tille3787
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: maximum length of strings ? Reply with quote

Hi

don't know if i can explain this but here goes:

I am running all the websites i have developed, in the same way.

the template of the page (html sourcecode) is collected from a database

where my cgi code is to create content, keywords are placed (like #menu# for placement of menu), and then the keyword is replaced by the generated code.

lately i have been experiencing that when the strings containing the code gets to some length (which i haven't been able to figure out) the part exceeding this value, is cut of.

(this is only a problem on my home pc, running xp pro, on the 'real' webserver running IIS, it is not a problem)

anybody know if there is a maximum length of strings and if i can change it

i have also problems with danish characters. If i am using a value as a parameter to the cgi, which contains danish characters, the value returned is garbage

is this a character set i should activate or...

kind regards and TIA

Peter
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: maximum length of strings ? Reply with quote

tille3787,

If there is a limit, it should be found in the scripting language you use. Since Abyss Web Server (and any web server) does not interpret your code, it has no relation with this kind of limits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: