Help with Permissions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Achmed
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Help with Permissions Reply with quote

How do i set permissions for files on the server?
I am trying to set up polls using php but it writes to text files or something and i need to set the permissions on these files to 666. I'm a newbie when it comes to php and anything other than html so thanks for the help in advance.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with Permissions Reply with quote

If you're using Windows, you should ignore all the chmod instructions provided in the scripts installation guides. These have meaning only on Unix systems. Please search for "chmod" of these forums for more details.
Achmed
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on windows and the script im using wont write to the text files, so would this have something to do with the script or can it be used only on a unix system?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we already said, on Windows you can ignore file permissions. Your scripts will run without any problems.
If you want to write-protect a file, you can still do it using the Windows Exporer (right click on the file, select properties, and check Read-only).
Achmed
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: