Bandwidth Limits on Abyss and Running other applications.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axis
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Bandwidth Limits on Abyss and Running other applications. Reply with quote

Hello Aprelium People--

My question is rather simple. Let us say one sets a certain global or host bandwidth limits. Is this amount of bandwidth allocated to Abyss or is it only a limit to Abyss. In other words, if I am using the same computer to run another application (browsers, mail servers, etc.) will the bandwidth limit be "undone" by my use of those things.

For instance, if I am downloading a large file will Abyss's bandwidth limit be unavailable or is there a way to allocate a certain amount of bandwidth that will always be allocated to abyss. Since one of my sites running cgi-proxy does both upload and download, will downloading a large file "steal" from the bandwidth of Abyss. I am guessing the answer is "yes." If that is so does anyone know how one might allocate bandwidth on a Windows 7 Premium machine?

Kind Regards,
Axis
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its only for abyss. IF you have a 1 MB files, and you set a bandwidth limit of 100 mb, if you then access the file 50 times, you use the bandwidth limit. Should you then download files from a site that are 50mb you can still access the 1 mb file on your site 50 more times. (IE, it only effects abyss, nothing else, and it only counts when abyss is accessed.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: