Server Side Includes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Server Side Includes? Reply with quote

Does it support Server Side Includes (SSI)?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: Server Side Includes? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

Sorry, SSI is not supported in this first version. It'll be available in the next release.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Server Side Includes? Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:

Guest wrote:

Sorry, SSI is not supported in this first version. It'll be available in the next release.

What is the ETA for the next release?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:18 am    Post subject: Server Side Includes? Reply with quote

guest wrote:

What is the ETA for the next release?

The next release (1.1) will be available by June. We plan to start beta testing it in May.
Crash
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:07 am    Post subject: Third Party SSI Interpreter... Reply with quote

Well June is a whole month away and I kinda need SSI now :?

Do you know of any 3rd part SSI interpreters that could be used like a CGI one? :?:

Apart from this minor thing, excellent server :twisted:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Crash
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Workaround Reply with quote

I found a workaround that is just as effective. It requires you have PHP setup to do it.

Simply put the PHP markup '<?include "filename"?>' into your page and make sure it has the extention you specified when you installed the PHP module into Abyss. 'filename' is any valid path, eg. "C:\news.txt", "../includes/file.html", etc.

Hope that helps some people 8)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:32 am    Post subject: Workaround Reply with quote

Crash wrote:

Simply put the PHP markup '<?include "filename"?>' into your page and make sure it has the extention you specified when you installed the PHP module into Abyss. 'filename' is any valid path, eg. "C:\news.txt", "../includes/file.html", etc.

Your workaround is OK. As long as you require to simulate SSI include directive, it will work fine.
But as promised, SSI support will be available soon and we are really sorry for not being able to help at the moment with a patch.
BluPherL

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:19 am    Post subject: Bah! Reply with quote

Dont complain! Aprelium is doing an absolutely awesome job! Keep up the good work! And uhh.. By the way, I cant wait for SSI either hehehe.. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Server Side Includes Reply with quote

Great to hear that it'll support SSI in June. Will this support extend to support of the <!--#exec cgi="cgi-bin/<scriptname>" --> directives???? :?:
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Server Side Includes Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Great to hear that it'll support SSI in June. Will this support extend to support of the <!--#exec cgi="cgi-bin/<scriptname>" --> directives???? :?:

Up to now, the list of the supported SSI directives is not yet definitive. So we cannot guarantee that the directive you asked about will be included in June's version.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Server Side Includes Reply with quote

Ok, but there is a chance ... isn't there? If you do get it in the June release, you'll have at least one very happy user here.
kazack

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Workaround Reply with quote

Can you please be a little bit more specific with this method. I have installed the php and it works great, but when i do the call from the page all it does is dislay the cgi file instead of running it.

What else must i do to get it to call the cgi instead of just displaying it?
Any and all help would be appreciative!!!!

aprelium wrote:
Crash wrote:

Your workaround is OK. As long as you require to simulate SSI include directive, it will work fine.
But as promised, SSI support will be available soon and we are really sorry for not being able to help at the moment with a patch.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Workaround Reply with quote

kazack wrote:
Can you please be a little bit more specific with this method. I have installed the php and it works great, but when i do the call from the page all it does is dislay the cgi file instead of running it.

Please read our PHP installation guide http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php.html .
kazack

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Workaround Reply with quote

I have it done like this. And the PHP works fine. Being I am not familiar with PHP at all never used it, I just need to know the proper PHP Markup needed to suceessfully do this.

The person said all you need to do is use the <?include "filename"?> and it works but you said earlier as long as you REQUIRE to simulate the ssi call directive it will work fine. I do not know what you mean by that sonce I am not familiar with PHP!!!

I have index.php it runs fine on the page in the markup i have
<?include "c:\progra~1\abyssw~1\cgi-bin\env.pl"?>
What env does is displays the enviroments for my web server.
Well when ran as a standalone it does just that but when I use the INCLUDE statement above all it does is display the env.pl source instead of running it.

Are there any other markups I am forgetting about? or that I do not know about?

Thank you once again, and like I said I do have all of my settings set to the way it is suppose to be for PHP it is successfully installed!!!

aprelium wrote:
kazack wrote:

Please read our PHP installation guide http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php.html .
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Workaround Reply with quote

kazack wrote:

I have index.php it runs fine on the page in the markup i have
<?include "c:\progra~1\abyssw~1\cgi-bin\env.pl"?>
What env does is displays the enviroments for my web server.
Well when ran as a standalone it does just that but when I use the INCLUDE statement above all it does is display the env.pl source instead of running it.

Are there any other markups I am forgetting about? or that I do not know about?

The workaround suggested in this forum uses PHP to include files as-is without interpreting them if they are scripts.

So all we can suggest is to wait for the 1.1 version which will come with SSI support. We are really sorry for that :cry:
kazack

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 4:15 am    Post subject: Server Side Includes for Windows Machines Reply with quote

Found a solution that works for me whether it will for anyone else and also how well it will work with more complicated cgi-scripts but here is the source I have found:

<?
$mstrng = shell_exec('Directory and filename of script EX. c:\cgi.cgi');
$mstrng = ereg_replace( "Content-type: text/html", "",
$mstrng );
echo $mstrng;
?>

The first time you run anything using perl using this method it will ask you to associate the script with a file. And you have o actually go into yourperl directory by using browse to select the perl.exe file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: