12.3 seconds page load = MySQL help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lj007
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: 12.3 seconds page load = MySQL help! Reply with quote

Hi!
As you have seen from title any page that I have where php is connecting to a database takes 12.3 seconds. No matter what content there is, who wrote the code, how well known the code is, where is it seen from, etc. I have also tested it and have discovered that this is not a php problem but somewhere in between MySQL and php or in MySQL. I trialled it many times with logs, activity records and charts and have discovered something interesting... for 12.2 seconds, mysql does nothing. No indications of login errors or anything. Then in that last .1 of a second, everything spikes and goes back down.
I am currently trying to work the cache and bassically I think I have heaps of cache that it's not the problem...
My main thought is that it's with the (mysql admin) SQL query hitrate.

Code:
mysql> SHOW STATUS LIKE '%qcache%';
-----Variable_name-------------Value-----------
Qcache_free blocks ------ 2
Qcache_free_memory --- 188589568
Qcache_hits ---------------508
Qcache_inserts ------------185
Qcache_lowmem_prunes--0
Qcache_not_cache --------402
Qcache_queries_in_cache--75
Qcache_total_blocks--------188

(yeah probs overkill on the free memory... bit I'm getting frustrated at this stage!)

I should also mention that my experience and knowledge with MySQL in wizard install and MySQL admin lol :P (that was my first time using line manager!)

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Best Wishes,
LJ007

P.S. version MySQL 5.1.45, Abyss Web server X2, PHP 5.3.2[/code]
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
lj007
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmm.... I still have the problem and can't find a solution... Can somone point me the way where I maybe able to find better results than what I've found so far through google? Is the hit rate part of the memory or something else (everthing seems to talk aout everything ecept the hit rate)?

Thanks for any nfo that you can provide...
LJ007
szubi
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What OS/PHP version/MySQL version are You using?

I've got same problems on Win7 (despite 32 /64bit).
My tests: (same hardware box), opening same page (dynamicly created using PHP, reading contents from MySQL and MSSQL)
- XP 32/PHP 5.2.10 (preconfigured from Aprelium)/MySQL 5.1/MSSQL 2008 - ca 4-5 seconds
- same on XP64 (both database engines 64bit now) ca 7 seconds ???????
- XP64, changed PHP to 5.3.2 - less than 2 seconds (great!)

On Win7 32 bit and 64bit/MySQL 5.1 and PHP 5.2.10 - needed to change max_exec_time in php.ini - it takes more than 30 seconds.
No success with PHP 5.3.2 - still no connection to MySQL server :-(

Szubi
lj007
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey
Sorry for the long wait... I've been sick unfortunately.

My PHP is 5.3.2
My Abyss webserver is X2 and latest version with php installed as per guide and php works fine
MySQL server 5.1.45 and it's only recently downloaded however for certain reasons I downloaded the 32 bit version
MY OS is Win7 64 bit...
It's not my firewalls as i did several tests with all firewalls down (router in DMZ)
Have you found anything yet? Thanks,
LJ007
lj007
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,
For the past three days I have been researching what could possibly be cause this huge lag and I have come up with a whole lotta "it's not that". Is it possible that there is a glitch in this version of Abyss Webserver? (I just checked I'm still the latest version). I have just downloaded the latest versions of mysql again, both 32 bit and 64 bit... no effect. I have turned on debugging and discovered no errors, the cache is working, the tables are locking every aspect is happening perfectly... it just seems to take 12 seconds for the information to reach it. No login attempts before hand. I knwo it's not the PHP because I have used many different codes, both my own and free scripts and I have changed my version php script thingo. Virus scans, spy scans, firewalls all turn up no effect... i have the mysql port wide open (more so than even my webserver and email server) there is no interference that I can see.
So please! Can someone point me towards where I may be able to get help to work out what's going on... I think it's a glitch in the webserver communication while on a 64bit computer... Does anyone else have a similar problem or better yet a solution??
LJ007
bean
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here on a Vista64bit system, PHP 5.2.10, Mysql 5.1.50b Abyss 2.6.9beta.
Extremly slow when PHP/Mysql are used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: