phpMyadmin error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nrodes
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: phpMyadmin error Reply with quote

I'm a novice at php and MySQL. I decided I wanted to learn more so I downloaded Abyss Web Server, php & MySQL. I'm trying to use phpMyadmin. It gave me an error and then linked to here in the documentation:

Quote:
1.20 I receive the error "cannot load MySQL extension, please check PHP Configuration".

To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called "MySQL extension". This extension may be part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in), otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically. Its name is probably mysql.so or php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but failed.

Usually, the problem is solved by installing a software package called "PHP-MySQL" or something similar.
I don't really understand what to do. How do I install this "PHP-MySQL" thing?

Thanks for any help.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
milanna
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: phpMyadmin error Reply with quote

Is it possible to import a mysqlAdmin backup into a phpmyadmin console? I get errors on lines like

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near VIEW IF EXISTS vwactivationstuff at line 1
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: phpMyadmin error Reply with quote

milanna wrote:
Is it possible to import a mysqlAdmin backup into a phpmyadmin console? I get errors on lines like

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near VIEW IF EXISTS vwactivationstuff at line 1

The error message says it all. You have a syntax error in your dump. It is usually caused by a dump made by a new MySQL version imported to an older MySQL database. Try dumping on PhpMyAdmin but tweak the options it offers to not generate such statements (no VIEWS for example.)
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: