MySQL on Windows Me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
complexprocess
-

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 7:07 am    Post subject: MySQL on Windows Me Reply with quote

This isn't a question about the web server, but I didn't know where else to turn.

I'm running windows Me :cry: I know...
The PC I'm using is my primary development PC and I figured it would be good to set it up with a small web server It would make advanced work much easier/less time consuming. I set up Abyss and PHP, (it was a snap. you guys rock!) and downloaded MySQL for Windows. There's a mention about a difference between setting up and using MySQL on NOSs and regular 9x versions of windows, but no real detail. I'm a little lost on it all. If anyone could give a quick write-up on configure and running MySQL on windows Me (or any 9x) I would be greatly obliged. Thanks for any and all help.

.scott
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
E-Oreo.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote

I got MySql 4.0.1-alpha up and running on windows 98 and windows 95. First what version of mysql did u download. If u didn't download mysql 4.0.1-alpha i suggest u get it right now before reading any farther. After running the installalization file it should have installed all the files you need. Lets assume your hard drive is the C: drvie and you installed mysql at C:\mysql. Now i'm not sure what your having trouble with so if this isn't it e-mail me at e_oreo3363@yahoo.com and i'll help u more. If you trying to start up the mysql server which is what i had trouble with go into the C:\mysql\bin directory and look for a program called winmysqladmin.exe. Run that and it should set up the mySql server. to start the server run that application and leave it running. That should do it. If you didn't download mysql 4.0.1-alpha i suggest you do so, it's stable enough for this web server.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend running mysql-opt.exe from the bin directory. Place a shortcut to that file in your start-up directory. This way it always starts when you start windows. Use mysql.exe to make databases, tables and so on and communicate with it by using a php script. If you need more help, visit http://www.rayman3.tk and use the mailadres provided there :) .

Greetings, Grand Bragus
complexprocess
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got it working a day or so after i posted, thanks for responses. i was just checking old posts and thought it would be considerate to put a closer on the thread so no one wastes their time for me. :D

thanks again.

.scott
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: