404 accessing folders...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emdub
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: 404 accessing folders... Reply with quote

I've got an error where I'm getting a 404 when accessing folders that could be solved by doing this:

Quote:

Why am I getting error 404 when I am accessing folders ?
Folders require the .htaccess file to work properly (which might be hidden depending your OS). Be sure that the .htaccess file is in the w2box folder and enable .htaccess support and mod_rewrite in your httpd.conf of the apache webserver.

I'm not using apache, so what must I change in Abyss to get it working...

This is what I'm trying to do, except when I click on a folder it goes back to root in my own server:
http://clement.beffa.org/labs/apps/w2box-demo/
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
badai
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that folder is a subfolder under server root, or just an arbitrary folder somewhere? if it is, have you configure that folder under aliases?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
nikjerry
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emdub, I just want to say that I also getting 404 Fatal Error some times but I was truly saying that I was totally unknown that why it is displaying that but after reading the infomration which you have given in the link site, I proper got the idea and also understand more that before.
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like you're running both Apache and Abyss, and possibly Abyss isn't running because Apache is already using the port that Abyss would typically use (Port 80). You'll have to remove apache, or disable it in Component Services, or whatever bootstrapping utility you use.

The only other thing I can think of -- you're using the 404 file from Apache, or linked your Abyss to that directory and selected that as the Custom 404 page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: