own web hosting service

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andi

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: own web hosting service Reply with quote

:oops: im wanting to be my own hosting site ie offer webspace and email to my visitors i know this can be done on abbys as ive seen another post about it i need to know how to implement this on my server can any one help.

thanks in advance
James

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The webspace isn't that hard. You need an ftp server program for the computer and program in their usernames and configure where there files are placed. Mail is harder. Especially if you have a dynamic ip address because it takes a while for isps to realize that you have a new ip. I've tried out many, many, mail servers, but none are really good (unless your willing to spend 100s/1000s of dollars on it). There are alot of good ftp server programs. I like a ftp server called Caesar. I used it a few months ago for mp3 sharing, but uninstalled it because people were using too much of my bandwith for their downloads. I think I found the program on Tucows.com. If you can't find it there, try looking on downloads.com.

Hope this helps!

-James
James

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I found out more for you. There are php and perl scripts that allow you to create web-hosting communities.

Using Perl

Using PHP

-James

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: