OpenBiblio PHP+MySQL on Abyss problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amd_duron
-

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: OpenBiblio PHP+MySQL on Abyss problem Reply with quote

I am not sure what is hapeening here, I love this server software, some of the best I have seen. But, i get the following error on a certain app.

As far as I know I have PHP + MySQL properly installed, it is working for most apps.

I have installed OpenBiblio ( http://obiblio.sourceforge.net ) and it runs great, except I can not login to the administration screns because when I enter the username/pass it give the following error:

Quote:
Error 200
OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abyss Web Server version 1.0
© Aprelium Technologies - 2001-2002

This is a duplicateable error as I have done it 2 times now, on 2 different PC's, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by amd_duron on Fri May 03, 2002 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: OpenBiblio PHP+MySQL on Abyss problem Reply with quote

Hmm... I also get this "error"...

Quote:
Error 200
OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tested the mail() method in PHP... like this:

Code:

<?php

mail( "username@company.com", "Subject", "Article" );

?>

Change the username@company.com e-mail with a working e-mail address, and run the script. The e-mail will be sent, but the web server will respond with the above error. Now, this is perhaps not the correct way of using the mail() method, because it returns a boolean value... but I know alot of scripts using it like this, and not testing the returned value... Apache under Linux will silently return, when running this script.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: OpenBiblio PHP+MySQL on Abyss problem Reply with quote

amd_duron wrote:
I am not sure what is hapeening here, I love this server software, some of the best I have seen. But, i get the following error on a certain app.

As far as I know I have PHP + MySQL properly installed, it is working for most apps.

I have installed OpenBiblio ( http://obiblio.sourceforge.net ) and it runs great, except I can not login to the administration screns because when I enter the username/pass it give the following error:

Quote:
Error 200
OK

This is a duplicateable error as I have done it 2 times now, on 2 different PC's, any help would be greatly appreciated.

We have downloaded the latest release of Openbiblio and it worked correctly without displaying that message.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: OpenBiblio PHP+MySQL on Abyss problem Reply with quote

Some of our users noticed under some circumstances that CGI scripts can end with an "Error 200 OK" message.
In HTTP, 200 is the error code meaning that all went OK. The server generates that message to inform you that your script ran correctly without sending output.
The following is a small example in PHP:
Code:
<?
   $a=1+2;
?>

The above script does a computation but has no output. That's why the server gives an Error 200 (Other web servers will give a blank page.)

To make the script behave correctly, just add a line:
Code:
<?
   $a=1+2;
   echo "The sum is $a";
?>

Darkfoxx
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand...what do i have to do to get it to work properly without having the error 200 message come up?
-DF
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
tdkyo
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the people who are getting the ok error installed php wrong. PEOPLE! Get PHP FOR WINDOWS! EVEN BETTER YET GET THE ONE THAT HAS THE INSTALLER!!!!!! That might be the problem with this whole 200 OK error thing. I never saw it since I fixed my php install. :D
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkfoxx wrote:
I don't understand...what do i have to do to get it to work properly without having the error 200 message come up?
-DF

Some of the PHP script are using the old variables naming convention, so edit php.ini and locate the line starting with RegisterGlobals and change it to
Code:
RegisterGlobals=on

Darkfoxx
-

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, still dosen't work...i changed the code in the php.ini file.
-df
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkfoxx wrote:
-df

In that case, we recommend checking again the configuration and the installation of the script you use.
tdkyo
-

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkfoxx wrote:
-df

Reinstall php and get the php for Windows. Sorry if I am repeating myself but I think people are getting the wrong php version installed!
yalin2
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Wrong version of PHP Reply with quote

I have seen this problem all over the internet, everyone is posting it, and I had no clue how to solve it either.

It seems that my problem started when I swicthed to the new 5.X version of PHP, when I went back to 4.1 everything was peachy, check to see if that is your problem fellas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: