Cannot listen to the console port?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibergsd
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Cannot listen to the console port? Reply with quote

The only problem I keep running into with this program is I will have it working on a port and then one day it will give me the error
Cannot listen to the console port

I have had this before and changed it now its up again.... too much work to always keep an eye on it.... can anyone help????
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Cannot listen to the console port? Reply with quote

Calibergsd,

In most cases, a "cannot listen to console port" message is reported when you have already configured Abyss Web Server to run as a Windows Service (so an instance is launched in the background at boot time) and then you try to launch it from your user session (this second instance will be unable to run because the ports are already used by the first instance running in the background).

If Abyss Web Server is running as a system service, there is no point to start it again from the user session. It is already there and running. You can access its console by browsing <http://127.0.0.1:9999> but you won't see its icon in the system tray. The web sites will also be running fine.

Does this help you gain access to the console and the server running in the background?
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: