FAQ  |  Search  |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in

Preconfigured PHP 5.3.3 pkg for Windows available for tests

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 03 Mar 2002
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Preconfigured PHP 5.3.3 pkg for Windows available for tests Reply with quote

Dear all,

PHP 5.3.3 has been released during early July and fixes several problems in earlier 5.3 versions while improving several features: http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-5.php .

The preconfigured PHP 5.3.3 package for Windows is available from: http://www.aprelium.com/data/php533.exe .

Please give it a try and let us know if it works fine for you.

The installation instructions are similar to those in http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php5win.html with one major exception: Type must be set to Standard

READ THIS IF YOU ARE UPGRADING:

If you are upgrading from an old preconfigured PHP package do not forget to set Type to Standard in the interpreter declaration.[/b]
_________________
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com


Last edited by admin on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-support
-


Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Posts: 348

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP 5.3.3 Test Reply with quote

Beginner wrote:
Dear admin,

i use Abyss Web Server X2 and updated my PHP from version 5.2.10.
With PHP Version 5.3.3 i get the error message:

PHP Startup: mcrypt: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20060613
PHP compiled with module API=20090626
These options need to match

Thank you for help !

Regards
Beginner


Beginner,

It seems that you installed PHP 5.3.3 in the PHP 5.2.10 directory without uninstalling correctly the old version. It created a conflict between the 2 versions.

Could you please install PHP 5.3.3 in a new folder ( for example C:\PHP533 ) and change the old PHP interpreter field (the php-cgi.exe folder) in Abyss Web Server console with the new one ?

For more information about the procedure, please read:

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php5win.html

We'll be waiting for your reply.
_________________
Support Team
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium-support
-


Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Posts: 348

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP 5.3.3 Test Reply with quote

Beginner wrote:
Dear admin,

i use Abyss Web Server X2 and updated my PHP from version 5.2.10.
With PHP Version 5.3.3 i get the error message:

PHP Startup: mcrypt: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20060613
PHP compiled with module API=20090626
These options need to match

Thank you for help !

Regards
Beginner


Beginner,

It seems that you installed PHP 5.3.3 in the PHP 5.2.10 directory without uninstalling correctly the old version. It created a conflict between the 2 versions.

Could you please install PHP 5.3.3 in a new folder ( for example C:\PHP533 ) and change the old PHP interpreter field (the php-cgi.exe folder) in Abyss Web Server console with the new one ?

For more information about the procedure, please read:

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php5win.html

We'll be waiting for your reply.
_________________
Support Team
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 03 Mar 2002
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP 5.3.3 Test Reply with quote

Beginner wrote:
Without changes on the copied php.ini the interpreter works for simple php-scripts very very slow.
After i transfered settings from my old php.ini to the new php.ini i get errors (module not found) for php_mcrypt.dll, php_pdo.dll and php_mhash.dll.
I comment these lines in the php.ini-file.


If you are using FastCGI there should be no speed problems. PHP 5.3 is not slower or faster than 5.2.

Quote:
Now my PHP5.3.3 cant connect to a mysql-database (from POWER PHLOGGER 2.2.5). I get a timeout (on PHP5.2.10 it worked fine):
unable to connect to database on 'localhost' with user 'xxxxxx'
...... timeout .....
Please check your settings in config.inc.php


Strange! PHP 5.3 always acted well with MySQL backed scripts we've tested (including PhpBB and other database intensive Web applications.)

According to http://www.phpee.com/index.php?node=21, Power Phlogger has not been updated since 2006 and its source code could contain instructions or structures that have been deprecated by PHP 5.3.

PHP 5.3 is not backward compatible with earlier versions (including 5.2) as outlined in http://www.php.net/manual/en/migration53.incompatible.php .



Regards
Beginner[/quote]
_________________
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coolarmani
-


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 8
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The preconfigured PHP 5.3.3 package for Windows is available from: http://www.aprelium.com/data/php533.exe .

Please give it a try and let us know if it works fine for you.


It doesn't seem to work for me. I uninstalled php 5.2.10 and installed your preconfigured php 5.3.3. In php.ini I made two modifications to enable mcrypt and I changed the smtp details. However, when I tried to access phpBB Internet Explorer reported a page cannot be displayed message (programming error) so I looked at php.ini again and I noticed that extension_dir was empty so I entered the correct path but still no joy.

Type is set to Standard as it was for php 5.2.10.

I uninstalled v5.3.3 and re-installed v5.2.10 and everything worked fine. I am not sure what is wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 03 Mar 2002
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolarmani,

Were there any error reports in fastcgi.log?
_________________
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beginner
-


Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 10
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: PHP 5.3.3 Reply with quote

I also using still the old Version 5.2.10.

PHP 5.3.3 does not work with the NetBeans IDE 6.9.1, the IDE get no connection to XDEBUG. (I using the right XDEBUG-Version for PHP 5.3, the XDEBUG-Settings in php.ini the same how in PHP5.2.10)

...and PhpMyAdmin can't connect to a database (timeout).

All these things working fine in PHP 5.2.10.

Regards
Beginner
_________________
http://www.photonensammler.eu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coolarmani
-


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 8
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.
Quote:
coolarmani,

Were there any error reports in fastcgi.log?

No, nothing unusual. However, on a different note there were many entries such as....

17/Oct/2010:08:26:46 +0100 SUID: 46 PUID: 46 RUID: 0 URI: Reading 24 bytes failed = The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Is this normal? I usually receive around 60 of these types of errors per day. What do they mean and is there a way to fix this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 03 Mar 2002
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolarmani,

Please try running phpcgi.exe without the Web server as follows:
* Open a command line window (Start > Run then type cmd and press Enter).
* Enter in the displayed windows:
Code:
cd c:\program files\php5


Of course, update the above path to match the location where PHP 5.3.3 has been installed.

* Now type phpcgi.exe and press Enter.
* If you get an error at that stage, please report it to us. Otherwise, press CTRL+Z and press after that Enter. What do you get as output?

Another test is to declare PHP and change its interface from FastCGI to CGI/ISAPI. Try then browsing a file containg the following simple script:

Code:
<? phpinfo() ?>


Do you get errors?
_________________
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coolarmani
-


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 8
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
* Now type phpcgi.exe and press Enter.
* If you get an error at that stage, please report it to us. Otherwise, press CTRL+Z and press after that Enter. What do you get as output?


No error but I think you mean php-cgi.exe not phpcgi.exe, when I press Ctrl+Z I get:-
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.3
Content Type: text/html

Quote:
Another test is to declare PHP and change its interface from FastCGI to CGI/ISAPI. Try then browsing a file containg the following simple script:

Code:
<? phpinfo() ?>


Do you get errors?

Yes, I get the following:-

<b>Security Alert!</b> The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.

<p>This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This
means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is
set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.</p
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coolarmani
-


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 8
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following this error, I have set:-
cgi.force_redirect = 0

this resulted in the displaying of the phpinfo variables but nothing else. I then changed the type to fast CGI-local pipes but still no joy.

Any chance of also including the php_mcrypt.dll in the 5.3.3 package? This is needed for phpMyAdmin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R-Alalia
-


Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: PHP Reply with quote

Thanks for providing the information regarding PhP new release.And can you tell me what changes made in it or how much different it is from the previous one?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 03 Mar 2002
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolarmani wrote:
Following this error, I have set:-
cgi.force_redirect = 0

this resulted in the displaying of the phpinfo variables but nothing else. I then changed the type to fast CGI-local pipes but still no joy.

Any chance of also including the php_mcrypt.dll in the 5.3.3 package? This is needed for phpMyAdmin.


Can you please contact our technical support by email so that we can understand why is your copy of PHP 5.3.3 is behaving that way (for example, CGI redirect is not set so we do not understand why it was activated in your setup?)
_________________
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beginner
-


Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 10
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP 5.3.3 Test Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Beginner wrote:
Without changes on the copied php.ini the interpreter works for simple php-scripts very very slow.
After i transfered settings from my old php.ini to the new php.ini i get errors (module not found) for php_mcrypt.dll, php_pdo.dll and php_mhash.dll.
I comment these lines in the php.ini-file.


If you are using FastCGI there should be no speed problems. PHP 5.3 is not slower or faster than 5.2.

Quote:
Now my PHP5.3.3 cant connect to a mysql-database (from POWER PHLOGGER 2.2.5). I get a timeout (on PHP5.2.10 it worked fine):
unable to connect to database on 'localhost' with user 'xxxxxx'
...... timeout .....
Please check your settings in config.inc.php


Strange! PHP 5.3 always acted well with MySQL backed scripts we've tested (including PhpBB and other database intensive Web applications.)

According to http://www.phpee.com/index.php?node=21, Power Phlogger has not been updated since 2006 and its source code could contain instructions or structures that have been deprecated by PHP 5.3.

PHP 5.3 is not backward compatible with earlier versions (including 5.2) as outlined in http://www.php.net/manual/en/migration53.incompatible.php .



Regards
Beginner
[/quote]

I solved the problem:

In my Windows Enviromet was a old setting path-variable to the old (existing) PHP5.2.10-path.

After I corrected this, PHP5.3.3 is workig :-)
Power Phlogger, PhpMyAdmin and all the other applications now working properly !

Regards
Beginner
_________________
http://www.photonensammler.eu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidQ
-


Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Admin,

I just tried to install the php533.exe pre-configured Aprelium PHP 5.3.3 package on Windows XP Pro SP3 (both as an upgrade to a previous installation then as a fresh installation to an empty folder) and also have a problem with the missing php_mcrypt.dll and libmcrypt.dll files.

Could you please make them available as a download from Aprelium.com so that I know I have the correct files?

[Edit] - Actually I have just looked at http://windows.php.net/download/ and see that PHP 5.3.5 is the latest version. Would I be able to use that or do I need to wait until you have prepared a new pre-configured package?

[Further Edit!] I found the following info regards PHP 5.3.3 mcrypt at http://php.net/manual/en/mcrypt.requirements.php

which states that...

Quote:
"mcrypt is built in for PHP 5.3.x on windows, you don't need to do anything with a dll anymore."


I double checked that I had completely uninstalled and deleted PHP 5.2.8 and 5.3.3 and re-installed 5.3.3 into a fresh 'C:\Program Files\PHP5' folder and it all works with PHPMyAdmin now. It seems the 5.3.3 install does not work when applied to a previous installation of 5.2.8.

I'll look forward to your reply about whether I can use the latest PHP 5.3.5 or when you might prepare a pre-configured package for it.

Many Thanks,

David
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 03 Mar 2002
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidQ wrote:
I'll look forward to your reply about whether I can use the latest PHP 5.3.5 or when you might prepare a pre-configured package for it.


Please contact us by email (support) to receive a test version of the per-configured PHP 5.3.5.
_________________
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jibbajabba
-


Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Posts: 241
Location: England, Doncaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

php 5.3.3 does not work properly for me, can't access phpmyadmin or my mybb forum, all i get is a white blank page or a error 500. Normal php pages load but seem abit slower than usual. I've reverted back to 5.2.12 for the time being

Before i do anything on my server i always make sure it's working on my home setup first.

Current Working Home Setup:

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
Abyss Web Server X1 (v 2.6.9.2)
Php 5.2.12
Mysql 5.1.56
_________________
http://www.jibba-jabba.net | http://www.mosthauntedforum.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
roughbert
-


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to upgrade in order to use SQLite3 with PHP, but the posts in this thread do not inspire confidence!

Does 5.3.3 support SQLite3?

5.2.12 appears to create SQLite database files whic are not compatible with SQLite3. I assume that they are SQLite2, which is no good to me.

BTW PHP v5.3.6 is out, and the SQLite extensions certainly don't work for me with Abyss, just get a blank page back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toasty
-


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 285
Location: Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the installer from PHP.NET using the VC6 Thread Safe version, select the extensions you want (assuming windows), and set it up for "Other CGI"

No real need to wait for Aprelium to make a package available.
_________________
Portfolio: Robert Lerner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 03 Mar 2002
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toasty wrote:
Download the installer from PHP.NET using the VC6 Thread Safe version, select the extensions you want (assuming windows), and set it up for "Other CGI"

No real need to wait for Aprelium to make a package available.


You can use VC6 or VC9-based PHP without any problem as long as you're setting it to CGI or FastCGI. If you're going to use ISAPI (which is no more recommended as it is not that stable with PHP), it is recommended to stick with VC9.

We're currently testing a preconfigured package of PHP 5.3.6 (based on PHP for VC9). We'll release it very soon.
_________________
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toasty
-


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 285
Location: Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an e-mail in the past suggesting VC6 and Non-Thread-Safe was the best, due to the fact that VC9 required compiler libraries and other dependencies...

Just curious if this requirement has changed, or to march on using either?

I didn't see an installer for 5.3.6 that was VC6, and have had no problems using VC9 in a Windows Server 2003 32-bit, and now a Server 2008 R2 64-bit environment.
_________________
Portfolio: Robert Lerner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 03 Mar 2002
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toasty,

The new preconfigured package takes care of these dependencies and includes them in the installer in a clean way.
_________________
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 03 Mar 2002
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Preconfigured PHP 5.3.6 package for Windows Reply with quote

The preconfigured PHP 5.3.6 package for Windows is available for tests :
http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=178634
_________________
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB phpBB Group