Dynamisk DNS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bengt
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Dynamisk DNS Reply with quote

hey

i got a domain name and dynamisk dns . will this web server program. work and how i do set up this server. ???
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Abyss web server will work with a dynamic IP address all you need to do is make sure people out of your house hold can access your server by going here http://www.aprelium.com/ip/ and give them your IP Address and see if they can access it , if they can access your site. Abyss is working correctly on your system. 8)
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Yes Abyss web server will work with a dynamic IP address all you need to do is make sure people out of your house hold can access your server by going here http://www.aprelium.com/ip/ and give them your IP Address and see if they can access it , if they can access your site. Abyss is working correctly on your system. 8)

I think he have a dynamic IP and using dynamisk dns to update.

If dynamisk dns update your dynamic and your Domain Name is point to your dynamisk dns service, then I would guess - OK.

Have you try to verfiy by using your LAN PC and enter your LAN IP of your Abyss and see if it will serve your webpage? If it does, then you are on your way.

BTW, if you have a router, make sure it point the LAN IP and PORT to your LAN IN of where your Abyss is sitting on.
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: i'm not sure about the solutions offered Reply with quote

My Lan ip address is, I think, 192.168.1.1

everybody at my home can access my router from there.

but. the WAN ip address changes sometimes. without manually updating my zoneedit ip addresses, what else can i do to have it work?

thanks. travis.
travisjforeman
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: my Lan ip address Reply with quote

on my router settings, it has a "obtain ip addresses automatically", or "specifiy an ip address".

i wonder if that has something to do with it. anyone out there have a solution.

thanks agian, travis.
bprsk8r4272
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not use something like no-ip and forward your domain name to yoursite.no-ip.org. no-ip will update your ip automatically

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: it's a thought Reply with quote

wouldn't i have to have my domain name plus the no-ip in it. that's not favorable, although it does sound like an option.

thanks, travis.
travisjforeman
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: i think i got it working Reply with quote

by using the zoneedit dynamic update client.

i setup my zone as theforemansfamily.com.

i didn't put it as www.theforemansfamily.com, along with theforemansfamily.com.

only time will tell if i need to do anything else.

anyway, i suppose unless there is someone that has tested it and knows if i need both sytaxes, and can help me figure that part out, i think i have it solved. i may report my success or failure though.

thanks again, travis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: